The Carlson Civil Suite is the civil engineering design software that puts you in the passing lane! What might take days with other civil engineering software takes just hours, or even minutes, with the powerful and intuitive Carlson Civil–it’s advanced technology that will work for you. Work with Carlson Civil on AutoCAD (versions 2010 to current) or with the built-in IntelliCAD 8.1. With Carlson Civil, you’ll get true 3D, easy-to-use 3D, plus, with the updated 3D Flyover, any surface edits made in CAD are automatically updated in the 3D view.
Road NETwork. Build all roads, intersections and cul-de-sacs in 2D and 3D with a single click of the “PROCESS” button.
SiteNET. Elevate your estimating accuracy with this intuitive layer-based surface generator and earthwork calculator.
LotNET. Quickly define an entire subdivision of lots based on an outer boundary, interior ROWs or Centerlines, and a simple set of user-defined “rules,” then pick “PROCESS” and the lots appear, defined and labeled.
The Civil Suite is designed especially for civil engineers and CAD technicians who need power and flexibility to make “short work” of even the most challenging design projects. At its foundation, Carlson Civil contains sophisticated and integrated command sets that are easy to learn, cost-effective and even fun to use!
- Perform data integrity checks, convert proprietary objects into usable entities and eliminate wasteful redundancies with this powerful tool for control over the drawing no matter who had it before you
- Highly improved command that allows you to define tolerances and safety checks when joining objects together.
- Time- and effort-saving method of defining boundaries.
3D Viewer Window
- Get an instantaneous and dynamic readout of bearings, distances, elevations and other information for Quality Assurance activities.
2D/3D Polyline Utilities
- View perspectives and get elevational analysis of 3D data and surfaces with this tool, which has eliminated the need for costly graphics hardware upgrades.
Quick Keys Editor
- With these, Carlson gives you tools to enhance the use of polylines that AutoCAD® doesn’t have.
Erase by Layer
Save time eradicating data on layer(s) without having to isolate, erase and restore them.
Point Data Management
- Quickly key in shortcut commands to speed your own projects.
Product Data Management
- Organize your point data with these valuable tools for setting, managing, modifying and reporting point data
- Define and Assign… Carlson Civil allows you, the end user, to define your project folder structure in the way that makes sense to you and your organization, with as little or as much complexity as suits your needs, and then assign the data types used in the Carlson Civil Suite to the folders you’ve defined. At Carlson Software, we know that this is a critical key to your successful implementation of the software, so we let you design it yourself.
- Develop and analyze surfaces and their respective contours and labels in just one step. This tool eliminates the need to run a complex series of commands to perform this oft-needed function. External and sharable files are stored, various analyses are performed to ensure data integrity and automatic labeling guarantees that all contours are appropriately labeled with reactive annotation precisely as the user wishes.
- Produce clean, well-documented project plans fast and efficiently with precise tools that use Carlson Civil’s library of annotation features. Carlson Civil allows you to introduce your own annotation style to personalize your drawing and provides the tools to quickly clean up complicated annotation challenges in dense drawings. Text overlaps are automatically checked and you have the option of allowing the software to correct it or choose the correction you prefer.
- The Civil Suite’s volume computations use the industry’s most accurate algorithms and can be based directly on the source data, thereby eliminating any inaccuracies found in other algorithms. Detailed reports in a variety of ways, plus cut/fill labels, color maps and centroids in the drawing file can be produced, all with easy-to-use tools.
- AutoCAD versions 2010 and up as well as AutoCAD Map, Land Desktop and Civil3D, and IntelliCAD 7.2
- Project Setup: Flexible data and settings storage
- Drafting Enhancements: Handy tools for working in AutoCAD/IntelliCAD
- Data Compatibility: Supports industry standard LandXML plus specific data conversions
- Languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, German, in addition to English CAD Standards
- Draw Standard Item: Create common CAD entities with pre-defined properties
- Settings Explorer: Manage all program settings from single interface
- Settings Libraries: Setup tables for symbols, layers, road templates, etc.
- Data Depot: Document management for workgroups and archiving
- Project Sub-Folders: Custom controls of data folders by type 3D Data
- Elevate 2D to 3D: For spot elevation, polylines, contours and pads
- Edit-Assign Polyline Elevations: Elevates 3D polylines using control points
- 3D Polyline Tools: Draw, offset, fillet and merge 3D polylines Surfaces
- Build Surfaces: By triangulation or rectangular grids
- Contouring: One step from 3D entities or from surface files
- Triangulation Utilities: TIN math and offset, simplify and merge functions
- Surface Manager: Change surface properties and data
- 3D Surface Flyover: 3D viewer with vehicle to drive over surface or follow 3D path
- Slope Analysis: Slope reports and zone analysis Grading
- Volumes: Earthwork volumes between triangulation or grid surfaces
- Pad Design: Tie cut/fill slopes from pad perimeters
- Cut/Fill Color Maps and Labels: Draw shaded red/blue map with labels
- SiteNET: Organize surfaces by layer with subgrade adjustments
- Design Centerlines: Input alignments on screen or in dialog with graphics
- Label Stations and Offsets: Annotate along centerline at selected points
- Calculate Offsets: Reports stations and offsets for selected points along centerline
- Offset Points: Create points at specified stations and offsets
- Spirals: Flexible handling of most complex spiral curves Profiles
- Create Profiles: From surfaces, screen entities, points on centerline, etc.
- Quick Profile: One step profile creation with real-time updates
- Input-Edit Profiles: Enter profile data in dual spreadsheet and graphics
- Draw Profiles: Draws profiles on grids or plan-profile sheets
- Profiles To 3D: Create points and 3D polylines from profiles Sections
- Create Sections: From surfaces, screen entities, points, etc.
- Quick Sections: One step creation of sections
- Draw Sections: In vertical stack or sheets
- Input-Edit Sections: Enter section data in dual spreadsheet and graphics
- Sections to 3D: Create points and 3D polylines from sections
- Mass Haul: Diagrams and Analysis
- Section Volumes: By end areas method
- Template Design: Detailed yet simple template design
- Template Transitions: Define transitions for templates and superelevation
- Road Network: Dynamic road design with intersections and cul-de-sacs Points
- Draw Points: Draw points with settings for symbols, layers and styles
- Point Groups: Point group manager to define sets of point by filters
- Coordinate File History: Tracks all changes to points with report and undo functions
- Fix Point Label Overlaps: Finds point label overlaps with rules to fix automatically
- Point Tools: Utilities for modify point labels such as move with leader, twist and resize Area/Layout
- Label Areas: Customized area label styles
- Size Areas: Sliding side, hinged and radial from curve
- Lot Manager: Definitions by point numbers
- Lot Network: Size lots along alignment
- Parking, Intersections and Cul-de-Sacs: Layout for linework Annotation
- Angle & Distance Labels: Flexible routines to label linework
- Curve Labels: Label curve data in stack, along arc or in table
- Mapping Labels: Routines to create typical plat labels
- Linetypes: Draw special linetypes